By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA — The Okolona School Board received a short update on construction of a new fieldhouse, and took a series of personnel actions as part of the following items of business at their regular board meeting Feb. 9. The board was approached by Nathaniel Cunningham, […]
Tag Archives | Malone
Special to the Chickaaw Journal Three fatalities on Northeast Mississippi highways were all the traffic deaths reported across the state for the four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The latest fatality was Bobbie Malone, 70, of Houston, who died in a two-vehicle crash Sunday on Highway 15 in Chickasaw County. On Thanksgiving Day, a two vehicle crash […]
PONTOTOC – Raymond Van Lantrip, 81, passed away Thursday, May 22, 2014, at his home. He was a mechanic all his life and was visited by his friends often at his shop, Ray’s Auto. He was a loving husband and father. He treated everyone with respect and was loved by all. He was a member […]
BRUCE – Travis Dale Malone, 73, died on Friday, March 14, 2014, at his residence. He was born on Dec. 18, 1940, in Calhoun County to Renzie Poynor Malone and Sarah Crocker Malone, who preceded him in death. He was a retired business owner of Calhoun County Oil and Slate Springs Glove. He served in […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Emmie Myers Malone, 94, passed away on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, at Briar Hill Rest Home in Florence. She was born May 9, 1919, in Mantee in Webster County to Rosie Grissom Myers and Joseph Myers. She was a member of Cedar Bluff Baptist Church. She was a seamstress for Knickerbocker, MFG […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
TUPELO – Qamaria Sunshine Stepanie Malone, 26 weeks, died Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at the Women’s Hospital in Tupelo. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. today at Zion Spring M.B. Church Cemetery in Okolona. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge of the arrangements. She is survved by her parents, Quentin and […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...