HOUSTON – He’s smart, fast, a leader and he was an easy pick for the Itawamba Community College Indians. Houston Hilltopper Kevonte’ Marble signed his name to an National Letter of Intent last week at ceremonies held in the Commons area of Houston High School. Marble was listed as both a tight end […]
Tag Archives | Marble
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The 2015 Hilltopper football season was a stellar year for the team and individual players and the Houston Touchdown Club, fans and parents honored those achievements at their annual banquet. “Every year and every team is different but this was a special bunch,” said Houston football coach […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal When the season is over – whenever that may be – Denver McQuary will probably sit back and relish where his name is. Last Friday, Houston’s senior safety intercepted Rosa Fort three times. That gave him 32 career interceptions, breaking the Mississippi record held by four players, including the late […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Houston senior DB Denver McQuary is two interceptions away from tying the state record of 30. Teams are going to have to throw it toward him if he has a chance. McQuary has two regular season games left and is still chasing the mark four players own, including NFL great […]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. ”We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. “We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality […]
WEST POINT – J.T. Marble, 75, died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at his home. He was born Nov. 14, 1937, to Square Marble and Essie Gates Marble. He was employed by Clay County for 30 years. He loved gardening, especially raising greens. Services will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at Pleasant Plain M.B. Church. The […]
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...