By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and the Chickasaw County Extension Service and Master Gardeners want to help you decorate your home, office or yard. Lynette McDougald, the florist at Mississippi State University, will be in Houston Tuesday night Nov. 17, to show […]
Tag Archives | Master Gardener
The Chickasaw County Extension Service will host an information meeting for those interested in becoming a Master Gardener at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 12 at the Extension Service Building on Lee Horn Drive. Attendees will be given information on the types of Master Gardener training that is available and details of the program. Master Gardeners […]
HOUSTON – Water meter work has led the city to improve the appearance of sidewalks at one of the prettiest places in downtown Houston. The city embarked on a massive $300,000 upgrade or pipes, valves and fire hydrants in downtown Houston as part of a Appalachian Regional Commission grant almost two years ago and work […]
As part of the continuing “Live in the Park” series sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation, Brenda Whitlock will be in concert in the Master Gardners Park beside Houston City Hall June 5. Whitlock is a native of Okolona and a renowned gospel singer/songwriter whose lastest song “Not Gonna Let Nobody Take My Crown,” was […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation kicked off the new year with Valentine promotion and with the CDF Annual Banquet this month they are ready to announce a year’s worth of events and activities. CDF formed four committees in 2013 at the prodding of those who wanted to see the community capitalize on a growing […]
HOUSTON — Two pickup trucks were packed with canned good and non-perishable items last week and delivered to needy families this holiday season. The Chickasaw County Extension Service partnered with the local Master Gardeners Mississippi Homemaker Volunteers, 4-H Club, Mississippi State University Alumni and WTVA to host Food for Families. Eaton Automotive and Griffin Motors […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – During the holiday season, many tables are plentiful with food, family and fellowship but others in Chickasaw County can use extra help in providing meals. Several volunteer groups and non-profit agencies are sponsoring food drives throughout Novemember and December in an effort to assist the less fortunate with holiday cheer. Okolona food […]
HOUSTON – Residents at Floy Dyer Manor Extended Care in Houston will have a new piece of artwork to enjoy. A painting of an angel is now hanging in the entryway thanks to a partnership between John and Peggy Walden and Candace Stephenson. Stephenson created the artwork at the T.K. Martin Center for Technology at […]
HOUSTON – Ashley Bass is confined to a wheel chair, but her art knows no bounds. “My art allows me to express myself,” said said Bass. “A lot of people like my art and I can’t tell you how important that is when they look at one of my paintings, smile and tell me […]
HOUSTON – The Waldens have been Master Gardeners for years and their expertise and eye for landscaping shows in their yard on Hamilton Street. John and Peggy Walden’s home was chosen as the Prettiest Place in Houston by the Houston Master Gardeners recently and John Walden, who has been a Master Gardener since 2006, said […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...