By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY — Chickasaw and Okolona school district officials said they were satisfied with the recently-released Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) test results, but added they are continuing to seek improvement. Third to eighth grade students took the language and math tests […]
Tag Archives | Math
There are a lot of complaints from parents about the Common Core State Standards, or CCSS, for short. Interestingly, many of the complaints are about the elementary school math. The CCSS is basically the list of what understandings students are to have by the end of the given grade level. The controversy mostly surrounds the […]
The Common Core State Standards are still the focus of debate of many politicians. Some argue that it is federal government interfering in state education. For the most part those allegations lost traction at the state level through failed court battles. But contention remains within both political parties. Although it seems that it is predominantly […]
EUPORA – Children of America and Youth Fest held summer camp June 26-29 at Kamp Kumbaya in Eupora where the campers had a chance to enjoy many educational and fun activities. There were a total of 40 campers and 15 staff members. Campers participated in a reading contest, math contest, Spanish challenge, arts and crafts, […]
HOUSTON – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., touches lives of children all around the world and some local children did their part to help this spring. The St. Jude Math-a-Thon is an annual event at Houston Lower Elementary School and had more participants than ever this year. “We had 87 kids,” said […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
HOUSTON – Teachers get homework, too. Teachers at Houston schools were in the classroom recently gearing up for the implementation of Common Core into the district’s curriculum and while the big changes will be seen by teachers, students and parents will see changes, too. “Going to block scheduling for reading and writing at the Middle […]
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC offers manufacturing program July 20, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...