Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reminds political candidates and vendors that campaign signs and sale signs are not permitted on state highway right-of-way. To maintain traffic safety, the following rules govern the placement of signs: According to the Mississippi Code of 1972, it is illegal to place […]
Tag Archives | MDOT
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The Mississippi Department of Transportation began a pair of maintenance projects in Pontotoc and Union Counties on Monday, Aug. 15. The project in Pontotoc County will be a mill and overlay of approximately 10 miles of State Route 15, from the Chickasaw County line […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Senate Transportation Committee is scheduled to vote this morning on a proposal that would increase the tax on motor fuel about 12 cents per gallon (at today’s prices) to fund road and bridge repairs throughout the state. Senate Transportation Chairman Willie Simmons, D-Cleveland, presented […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – During election season they sprout up like wildflowers and the Mississippi Department of Transportation, Chickasaw County road crews and municipal officials are reminding candidates not to post sign on public right-of-ways. Federal, state, county and city right-of-way are public property, but the placing of any signage on government property without meeting proper […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Deer movement increases during the fall and winter months, meaning the importance of driving defensively and staying alert, especially at dawn and dusk, also increases. “Over the past five years, Mississippi has averaged 3,058 deer-related crashes per year,” said MDOT Executive Director Melinda McGrath. “The increase in vehicle-deer crashes in the fall […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The Mississippi Department of Transportation on Friday issued weight limits changes, effective immediately for 12 bridges in Chickasaw County. Farmers, loggers and commercial haulers were specifically warned to note these changes as heavy loads that break or damage state bridges can see the trucking company held responsible for damages. MDOT recently evaluated […]
Daily Journal WEST POINT – Barnhart Crane & Rigging will move a boiler along a designated route from West Point to the Tennessee State line on Thursday, the Mississippi Department of Transportation reports. The route will include U.S. Highway 45A and U.S. Highway 45. The 228-ton load is 21 feet wide and 204 feet long […]
A very wide load will be moving from West Point to Tennessee on Thursday. The Mississippi Department of Transportation has issued a traffic advisory regarding the load being hauled by Barnhart Crane & Rigging. The company will be carrying a boiler assembly that measures 22 feet wide, 12 feet high and 208 feet long. The […]
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- JUANITA HORSTMAN: No peace or hope without Christ February 26, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...