By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – They are growing a football program in Houlka, with the 2015 edition of the Wildcats finishing the season on a positive note and earning a variety of awards at their football banquet last week. Houlka is working to build a football field and played every game on the […]
Tag Archives | men
HOUSTON – The food will be plentiful but the fellowship is the key ingredient in the annual Wild Game Supper sponsored by the Brotherhood of Parkway Baptist Church in Houston. The event, set for Saturday at the Family Life Center of the church, originated well over 10 years ago and offers men and boys an […]
I’ve seen your names in the paper. I’ve seen your lovely faces smiling at us from the pages of our Lifestyles section. And I guess there is really nothing I can say to stop you, if your heart and mind are already made up about this marriage thing. Now, I’m not one of those who […]
We celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday. Preacher will extoll the virtues of mothers on Sunday and come back in a few weeks and beat up on men on Father’s Day. Such is Southern culture. Such is the fact that good women can bring out the best in good men. First there was the woman who […]
OKOLONA – Rev. Lesley Mabry said his children are fortunate to have a mother and father in the home but he pointed to hundreds of homes in Chickasaw County and thousands of homes across the state headed by a single mom. “Men have relinquished their responsibility to be the leader and the head of their […]
HOUSTON – “Be patient, live your life,” is Greg PUlliam’s advice to teens. Pulliam knows well that a teen pregnancy will change everything about the way you planned to live it. The Houston High School graduate learned he would become a father in the fall of his senior year and knew immediately his plans […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – The father often plays a shadowy role in the bulk of teen pregnancies, but the numbers show that when men are active fathers the child, the mother and the man all do better. There was a day and age of shotgun weddings and social rules that said a boy and girl […]
HOUSTON – One hundred years ago, O.E. Baird and E.E. Baird bought a shop downtown and this month the third generation of Bairds will celebrate a century of work at that location. Bobby, Doug and Rob Baird still go to work at the shop at 221 North Jefferson each day turning parts, forging fittings and […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...