By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – If you want to beat the best you have to play the best. Ezra Blissard is doing just that, having recently competed in the Association of Tennis Professionals Futures event in Destin, Fla. Blissard, 17, of Houston High School was matched with Vinicio Hadlich, […]
Tag Archives | Mike
Mr. and Mrs. Mike Hillhouse of Houston announce the engagement of their daughter, Lakin Jade Hillhouse, to Christopher David Upshaw, son of Mr. and Mrs. Brett Upshaw of Houston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Barney and Lozelle Lowrey of Houston and Berdell Hillhouse and the late Jimmy Hillhouse of Okolona. She is […]
CALHOUN CITY – Donald Michael “Mike” Collins, 67, died Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services. He was born Nov. 11, 1946, in Calhoun County to Johnny Collins and Ophelia Wiggs Collins. He was a crane operator for Hills Brothers and a member of the National Guard Armory. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday […]
Eric Matthew and Laurie Gore Wissman of Germantown, Tenn., are pleased to announce the birth of their daughter, Ava Morgan Wissman, on March 24, 2014, at 11:03 a.m. at Methodist Germantown Hospital. She weighed six-pounds, 15-ounces and was 19.75 inches long. Sharing honors as grandparents are Jimmy and Betty Gore of Houston and Mike and […]
By Sheena Barnett Daily Journal TUPELO – It was standing-room only at Winter Jam at the BancorpSouth Arena on Thursday night. No advance tickets are sold for the Christian music festival, so fans began lining up early Thursday morning to make sure they had a seat. A few were turned away after more than […]
TUPELO – John Michael “Mike” Carter, 57, died Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House following an extended illness. He was born in Okolona on Nov. 22, 1956, to John Melvin Carter and Ruby Gaines Colston. He was a graduate of Tupelo High School and continued his education at Itawamba Community College. He was […]
HOUSTON – Wesley Brassfield, 15, died Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. He was a ninth- grade student at Houston High School and a member of Fellowship Baptist Church in Enon. Services will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at Fellowship Baptist Church in Enon with Bro. Bobby Brock and Bro. […]
MONTPELIER – Michael A. “Mike” Cliett, 67, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 15, 2013, at Darlington Oaks Community Hospice in Verona. He was born March 10, 1946, in Houston to Nancy Shirley Harrington Cliett and Aubrey E. Cliett. He was a farmer and had worked for Four County EPA with the buildings and grounds for […]
HOULKA – Michael Leo Shempert, 55, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home in Houlka. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
HOUSTON – They call it The Square. There are many towns in Northeast Mississippi built on a square but few rival the beauty and visionary design of Houston. “Houston’s downtown was laid out by our founder, Mr. (Joel) Pinson, who was also a surveyor,” said Joyce East, executive director of Historic Hometown Houston. “The square […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...