Special to the Chickasaw Journal Special to the Chickasaw Journal FORT JACKSON. S.C. – Army Reserve Pvt. Alex L. Rucker has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and […]
Tag Archives | Military
Special to the Chickasaw Journal FORT JACKSON. S.C. – Army Reserve Pvt. Andrew L. Rucker has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice […]
I got to spend some times with some GI’s Friday. People often ask me if I was in the military. As the son of a career Air Force flight engineer, I am quick to tell them I was “in” the first 18-years of my life. The military is not for everyone. But it was great […]
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Air Force Airman Rushie Dylan Moore of Houston graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills. Airmen who complete […]
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness. A service celebrating his life will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. Burial, with military honors, will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be […]
I got to spend some times with some GI’s Monday. People often ask me if I was in the military. As the son of a career Air Force flight engineer, I am quick to tell them I was “in” the first 18-years of my life. The military is not for everyone. But it was […]
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
There are lots of furniture factories in Chickasaw County but few that have been around since 1976. Dixieland Furniture Manufacturing opened 37 years ago making sofas, loveseats and chairs and has found their niche in a industry with lots of ups and downs. The company continues to make upholstered furniture at the factory east of […]
HOUSTON – Brigadier General Gary E. Huffman, a life-long resident of Chickasaw County, retired from the Mississippi Army National Guard effective August 15, 2012, after more than thirty years of military service. His last assignment was a 13-month active duty tour as Commander and Senior Military Representative, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Headquarters located in Sarajevo, […]
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- Health Science teaches care February 28, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...