Special to the Chickasaw Journal Special to the Chickasaw Journal FORT JACKSON. S.C. – Army Reserve Pvt. Alex L. Rucker has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and […]
Tag Archives | Military
Special to the Chickasaw Journal FORT JACKSON. S.C. – Army Reserve Pvt. Andrew L. Rucker has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice […]
I got to spend some times with some GI’s Friday. People often ask me if I was in the military. As the son of a career Air Force flight engineer, I am quick to tell them I was “in” the first 18-years of my life. The military is not for everyone. But it was great […]
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Air Force Airman Rushie Dylan Moore of Houston graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills. Airmen who complete […]
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
OKOLONA – James Robert “Jim” Patterson, 83, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House after a brief illness. A service celebrating his life will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, April 21, at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. Burial, with military honors, will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be […]
I got to spend some times with some GI’s Monday. People often ask me if I was in the military. As the son of a career Air Force flight engineer, I am quick to tell them I was “in” the first 18-years of my life. The military is not for everyone. But it was […]
MAYSVILLE, N.C. – Sgt. Philip Stephen Shook, 29, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at New Hanover Medical Center after injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was a dedicated and decorated Marine who served two tours in Iraq and one in Japan with 10 years of service. His last unit assignment was with the […]
There are lots of furniture factories in Chickasaw County but few that have been around since 1976. Dixieland Furniture Manufacturing opened 37 years ago making sofas, loveseats and chairs and has found their niche in a industry with lots of ups and downs. The company continues to make upholstered furniture at the factory east of […]
HOUSTON – Brigadier General Gary E. Huffman, a life-long resident of Chickasaw County, retired from the Mississippi Army National Guard effective August 15, 2012, after more than thirty years of military service. His last assignment was a 13-month active duty tour as Commander and Senior Military Representative, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Headquarters located in Sarajevo, […]
- Houlka Cornbread Festival set for Oct. 8 August 17, 2016
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- JASON BROOKS: CDF thanks picnic area donors August 21, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 21, 2016
- Houston hammering out employee handbook August 22, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers down East Webster, 2-1 August 24, 2016
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...