Pleasing Mother was my goal in life. She wanted me to play basketball, so I suffered six years of basketball. She wanted me to go to college – no passion of mine, but I wanted to please, so I entered college in 1965 – the first in my family to do so. My high […]
Tag Archives | Missouri
BUFFALO, Mo. – Benjamin L. Carter, 98, passed away peacefully on Monday, March 17, 2014, at Colonial Nursing Home in Buffalo, Mo. He was preceded in death by his loving wife of 65 years, Hettye W. Carter. Born in 1916 in Van Vleet, he graduated in civil engineering from Mississippi State University in 1938. Waiving […]
Linda Gail Brabant, 62, daughter of John and Murtice (Woodall) Higginbotham was born Aug. 11, 1951 in Houston. She died Aug. 17, 2013 in her home, Plato, Mo. Linda grew up moving from military base to military base since her father was in the military for 20 years. She spent time in Germany, Fort Hood […]
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Spencer named HHS Student of Month December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...