Pleasing Mother was my goal in life. She wanted me to play basketball, so I suffered six years of basketball. She wanted me to go to college – no passion of mine, but I wanted to please, so I entered college in 1965 – the first in my family to do so. My high […]
Tag Archives | Missouri
BUFFALO, Mo. – Benjamin L. Carter, 98, passed away peacefully on Monday, March 17, 2014, at Colonial Nursing Home in Buffalo, Mo. He was preceded in death by his loving wife of 65 years, Hettye W. Carter. Born in 1916 in Van Vleet, he graduated in civil engineering from Mississippi State University in 1938. Waiving […]
Linda Gail Brabant, 62, daughter of John and Murtice (Woodall) Higginbotham was born Aug. 11, 1951 in Houston. She died Aug. 17, 2013 in her home, Plato, Mo. Linda grew up moving from military base to military base since her father was in the military for 20 years. She spent time in Germany, Fort Hood […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...