Baseball Pine Grove 13, Blue Mountain 1 Oxford 17, West Point 1 Alcorn Central 11, Booneville 2 Myrtle 18, Hickory Flat 2 Tishomingo County 4, Pontotoc 1 Ingomar 14, Mantachie 4 Ripley 10, New Albany 0 Mooreville 11, New Site 1 Houston 10, Caledonia 5 North Pontotoc 15, Nettleton 0 Tupelo 3, Hernando 2 TCPS […]
Tag Archives | Mooreville
By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In a game that included lead changes, clutch hits and late-inning dramatics, the Houston Lady Hilltoppers softball team fell to the Mooreville Lady Troopers 8-7 Tuesday night in Houston. The Troopers started scoring in the first inning by plating one run, […]
Monroe Journal The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Unit arrested seven individuals Wednesday resulting from traffic stops. • Michael Langley, 44, of Mooreville, was stopped on Highway 278 and charged with possession of a controlled substance. • April Dawn Roye, 30, of Houlka, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after being stopped on […]
Daily Journal TUPELO – Authorities have identified the woman they say hosted a Mooreville weekend party that housed more than 70 underage individuals and the presence of drugs and alcohol. Angie Floyd, 47, was arrested and charged with violation of the Social Hosting Law and her bond set at $6,000. Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson […]
By William Moore Daily Journal TUPELO – The Friday night raid of a party in Mooreville uncovered more than 70 underage individuals, the presence of drugs and alcohol, and led to the arrest of both adults and minors. Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said his office first learned of the party from callers who alerted […]
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Craig Cherry of Mooreville are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter Lauren Elizabeth, to Robert Russell Dendy, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jack Ray Dendy of Houston, Miss. Miss Cherry is the granddaughter of Mrs. Gwendolyn Gentry and the late Paul Gentry of Marietta, Miss., and Mrs. Janis Cherry […]
OKOLONA – Jennifer Ann Jolly Rooker, 49, died Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following an extended illness. She was born Dec. 14, 1964, in Amory to Clifton Jolly and Beatrice Davis Jolly. She was a lifelong resident of Okolona and graduated from Okolona High School in 1982. She married Mike […]
MOOREVILLE – Judy Faye Putt, 59, died suddenly on Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis. She was born Jan. 25, 1954, in Waukegan, Ill., to William R. and Joann Lippincott Harbin. Judy graduated in 1972 from Mantachie High School, and then attended Itawamba Community College. She was a 1976 graduate of […]
- AG, governor have same goal on internet sales November 29, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- Fuller named to 2016 NMMC All Star Team December 5, 2016
- Okolona addresses radio concerns December 5, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...