By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Every offseason since 2009, Dan Mullen has heard his name associated with just about every major college coaching vacancy. It has become something of a tradition for Mullen to see where he is going to land next. There was Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota, Colorado and Southern Cal along […]
Tag Archives | Mullen
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State appeared to be on the verge of a sub-par signing class until a pair of local highly rated prospects helped its cause. The Bulldogs received commitments and national letters of intent from Noxubee County five-star defensive end Jeffrey Simmons and Starkville four-star defensive tackle Kobe Jones […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Dan Mullen’s eyes welled up with tears as he stood behind a podium following Wednesday’s Belk Bowl, searching for words to describe what Dak Prescott meant to him. The senior quarterback had just capped off his illustrious career at Mississippi State by leading to the Bulldogs to […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Chris Jones is ready to take his talents to the next level. The Houston native, a Mississippi State defensive tackle, has decided to pass up his final season in Starkville to declare for the 2016 NFL Draft. “After discussing it with my family, I will forgo my senior […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen was out recruiting last Friday night along with assistant coach Billy Gonzales when a phone call changed everything. Mullen was informed by MSU director of player personnel Rockey Felker that freshman defensive end Keith Joseph Jr. had died in a one-vehicle accident along […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – He was the state’s most highly recruited football player and the No. 2 prospect in the nation in 2012 and in his third year at Mississippi State, Chris Jones wants this to be the season he and the Bulldogs once again take the national spotlight. Jones played […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – When Dan Mullen was hired at Mississippi State seven years ago, he vowed to keep in-state recruits at home. Mullen has held true to his word. Of the 176 players Mullen has signed since 2009, 111 have been from programs within the Magnolia State. The Bulldogs brought in […]
By David Brandt AP Sports Writer STARKVILLE – As a freshman, Chris Jones was arguably Mississippi State’s best defensive football player. The scary part for opponents is he didn’t really know what he was doing. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound defensive tackle from nearby Houston used his sheer talent to finish with 32 tackles, including seven tackles […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...