Dear Editor, Across the U.S. and in Mississippi, voucher programs have been a failure and a massive waste of taxpayer dollars. Nationally, research shows that children receiving vouchers to attend private schools perform no better than, and often worse than, their peers in public schools while diminishing resources for children being educated in public schools. […]
Tag Archives | Nancy
DERMA – Nancy Duncan, 39, died Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013, at her sister’s home in Pontotoc. She was born March 10, 1974, to Steve Paul Duncan and Henrietta Mann Duncan. Services will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Rex Wilbourn officiating. Burial will follow in Oak Springs […]
McCONDY – Nancy Jane Brown Ward, 89, passed away Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013, at her home in McCondy. She was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Chickasaw County to John Brown and Lizzie Huffman Brown. She was a homemaker and a member of Lawson Chapel Church of Christ. Services are 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 21, […]
HOUSTON – A few minutes with Tommy Skelton and you realize there is more to this business than martial arts, but it takes a while to figure it out. Sho Kon Ryu is the style and there are many throws, strikes and moves found in traditional martial arts. It’s a style developed by Skelton over […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Louise Young Gregg, 70, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born April 26, 1943, in Dover, N.H., to Donald Young and Hazel Smith Young. She was a self-employed beautician and a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Webster County. She is survived […]
OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her home in Okolona. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 21, at the First Baptist Church in Okolona. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. A full obituary will be released […]
CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Lois Cannon Funderburg ,79, died at her home in the Pleasant Hill Community on March 28, 2013, where she had lived for more than 60 years. She was a resident of Calhoun City. She was born on Feb. 13, 1934, in Calhoun County, the daughter of Graves Cannon and Artie Parker […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...