By William Moore Daily Journal WEST POINT – Authorities are investigating the apparent shooting death of a Tupelo couple in rural Clay County. Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott said a pair of 911 callers around 4 p.m. Tuesday reported a suspicious vehicle on the west end of Dixie Road. Deputies found the bodies of a […]
Tag Archives | narcotics
OKOLONA – Students at the Okolona Vocational Complex had a course on traffic and automobile safety April 4 thanks to a partnership of the OVC, Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and members of the Family, Community, Career Leaders of America club. Officer Keith Roberston was the guest speaker for the event and shared statistics on teen […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette NEW ALBANY – Nearly 40 local residents received an abrupt wake-up call Tuesday as a drug task force led by New Albany police made a series of surprise arrests starting about 4:30 a.m. Chief Chris Robertson said the sweep, dubbed “Operation Fish Net,” was the culmination of eight months’ […]
OXFORD – Lafayette County Metro Narcotics has arrested nearly 30 suspects so far in a late April drug sweep. Suspects and the charges they face are as follows: • Jeremy Word, 25, Amory – possession of marijuana with intent to distribute • Andrew George, 32, Myrtle – possession of marijuana with intent; possession of tetrahydrocannabinol […]
OKOLONA – It’s tough being a teenager. The pressure on today’s teenager is greater than it has ever been and Calvary Baptist Church is seeking to teach kids ways to handle that burden and make good choices with TURN UP. “I had a vision for something like this and spoke to Shondra Gathings about […]
PONTOTOC – The Pontotoc County Sheriff’s and Police Departments, along with North Mississippi Narcotics, arrested 11 people over the weekend on drug charges. Charged with possession of a controlled substance were Conley K. Craig, 33, of Pittsboro; David Wayne Cox, 45, of Tupelo; Patrick Shane Mason, 27, of Okolona, Staci L. Rosenbaum, 40, of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Members of the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Okolona Police Department, Houston Police Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are continuing to crack down on drug use and sales in the county and made several arrests during the month of February. Several local citizens were arrested as well […]
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...