By Parrish Alford Daily Journal Ole Miss officials have had very little to say about the NCAA investigation into the school’s football program. Rebels coach Hugh Freeze broke that silence in a big way Tuesday in Destin, Florida, at the SEC’s spring business meetings. He talked about owning mistakes, about his faith in his coaches […]
Tag Archives | NCAA
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – For the second straight year, Mississippi State has advanced to the NCAA Tournament. This time, however, the 15th-ranked Bulldogs will be dancing at home. And on the distant horizon is the defending national champ. For the first time, Starkville will play host to the first two rounds of […]
By Parrish Alford Daily Journal OXFORD – Yahoo Sports reported Friday that Ole Miss has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA and will be formally charged for violations across three sports, including football. A Daily Journal source has confirmed the receipt of the letter. Violations are also alleged in women’s basketball – dating […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Friday was a good day for Hilltoppers, Houston High School and the community. Madeline Burdine signed a national letter of intent to play at Northeast, Clay Hillhouse inked with Mississippi Delta and Denver McQuary signed to play at Mississippi State. The trio smiled as they signed on […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The NCAA has outlined serious rules violations committed at Southern Mississippi, finding multiple infractions by the men’s basketball program during former coach Donnie Tyndall’s tenure. The charges, which include arranging fraudulent academic credit, impermissible financial aid and obstructing the governing body’s investigation, were outlined in a notice of allegations released […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal Mississippi State made quick work in hiring its next men’s basketball coach. According to ESPN’s Jeff Goodman, the Bulldogs have reached a verbal agreement with Ben Howland to become the program’s 20th head coach and is expected to be in Starkville today. The university has yet to confirm the report. […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State received a jolt heading into the offseason, as junior quarterback Dak Prescott announced he would be returning for his senior campaign. Prescott held a press conference Wednesday afternoon to make his decision public. “I looked at some of the NFL quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Andrew […]
BATON ROUGE, La. – Blake Morris of Ole Miss shot an even-par 72 on Friday to move into a tie for 10th at the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional golf tournament. Morris (75-72–147) is six strokes off the lead. Mississippi State improved by eight strokes in the second round and is in 10th place at 36 over. […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...