Special to the Chickasaw Journal Dak Prescott’s days at Mississippi State might be done but the current Dallas Cowboys quarterback continues to win awards for his collegiate accolades. Prescott is one of only 10 former student-athletes to receive a 2017 Today’s Top 10 Award from the NCAA, which highlights their success on the field, in […]
Tag Archives | NCAA
By Parrish Alford Daily Journal Ole Miss officials have had very little to say about the NCAA investigation into the school’s football program. Rebels coach Hugh Freeze broke that silence in a big way Tuesday in Destin, Florida, at the SEC’s spring business meetings. He talked about owning mistakes, about his faith in his coaches […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – For the second straight year, Mississippi State has advanced to the NCAA Tournament. This time, however, the 15th-ranked Bulldogs will be dancing at home. And on the distant horizon is the defending national champ. For the first time, Starkville will play host to the first two rounds of […]
By Parrish Alford Daily Journal OXFORD – Yahoo Sports reported Friday that Ole Miss has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA and will be formally charged for violations across three sports, including football. A Daily Journal source has confirmed the receipt of the letter. Violations are also alleged in women’s basketball – dating […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Friday was a good day for Hilltoppers, Houston High School and the community. Madeline Burdine signed a national letter of intent to play at Northeast, Clay Hillhouse inked with Mississippi Delta and Denver McQuary signed to play at Mississippi State. The trio smiled as they signed on […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The NCAA has outlined serious rules violations committed at Southern Mississippi, finding multiple infractions by the men’s basketball program during former coach Donnie Tyndall’s tenure. The charges, which include arranging fraudulent academic credit, impermissible financial aid and obstructing the governing body’s investigation, were outlined in a notice of allegations released […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal Mississippi State made quick work in hiring its next men’s basketball coach. According to ESPN’s Jeff Goodman, the Bulldogs have reached a verbal agreement with Ben Howland to become the program’s 20th head coach and is expected to be in Starkville today. The university has yet to confirm the report. […]
By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Mississippi State received a jolt heading into the offseason, as junior quarterback Dak Prescott announced he would be returning for his senior campaign. Prescott held a press conference Wednesday afternoon to make his decision public. “I looked at some of the NFL quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Andrew […]
BATON ROUGE, La. – Blake Morris of Ole Miss shot an even-par 72 on Friday to move into a tie for 10th at the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional golf tournament. Morris (75-72–147) is six strokes off the lead. Mississippi State improved by eight strokes in the second round and is in 10th place at 36 over. […]
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Preserving life, a little longer March 18, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- Lady Rams fight for comeback win March 22, 2017
- Extra Innings! March 22, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...