HOUSTON – Police Chief Billy Voyles is a little old fashioned, so if you get an Email saying you owe the Houston Police Department for a a traffic citation, don’t believe it. Voyles said his department has received two calls from Houston residents who have gotten Emails saying a traffic citation has been issued on […]
Tag Archives | Officers
JACKSON – The Mississppi Attorney General’s office and the Mississippi Chiefs of Police hosted the fourth annual “Mississippi Fallen Law Enforcement Officer’s Candlelight Vigil” yesterday in Jackson The event was held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Statewide Fallen Officers Memorial between the Sillers and Gartin Justice buildings off High Street in downtown Jackson. “Mississippi […]
HOUSTON – In this season of good cheer, motorists are being reminded not to have too much. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Houston Police Department and the Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol are reminding motorists not to drink and drive this holiday season. “We all know it’s the holiday season and some people are more inclined […]
HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club hosted an installation service for new officers last week and used the event to highlight past accomplishments of their first year. Civitans came to Houston last summer to help develop a club and the Houston PLUS Civitan Club held its chartering service on Sept. 25, 2012 at the […]
By JB Clark NEMS Daily Journal TUPELO – Trooper Matthew Hood of the Mississippi Highway Patrol read a list of names of fallen Mississippi officers at Thursday’s memorial service and paused halfway, “My father, Master Sgt. Steve Hood.” Hood is now a member of Highway Patrol Troop G in Starkville, the troop his father […]
The annual memorial honoring law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty will be held May 16 at 6:30 p.m. at Fairpark in Tupelo. State Attorney General Jim Hood will be the keynote speaker for the event. The memorial is sponsored by Survival, Inc., the Lee Copunty Sheriff’s Department and the Tupelo […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
- Mantee woman charged with feed store burglary August 20, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers down East Webster, 2-1 August 24, 2016
- Associate Degrees awarded at ICC for Spring 2016 August 24, 2016
- Man arrested on drug charges August 24, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Calling for help August 25, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...