By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation tourism committee got a look at the design for the gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail last week as a tax to fund the development looms on Tuesday. CDF has worked with state and federal agencies since the Tanglefoot Trail was built almost three […]
Tag Archives | parks and recreation
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Governor Phil Bryant has signed legislation that will see Houston residents vote on a proposed tourism tax. The measure now heads back to the Houston Board of Aldermen to set a date for taxpayers to go to the poll and vote on a 1-percent tax on motel room […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...