Vandalism is a part of doing business with the world. It is sad to say there are people who get a certain amount or pleasure or entertainment out of tearing up public property. We find that a sad way to live life. We also understand it is a crime. This newspaper was called this week […]
Tag Archives | Patrol
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A sheriff’s deputy slammed into a fallen tree damaging a patrol car and sending the driver and an occupant to a Tupelo hospital. James Meyers, Chief Deputy with the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, said deputy Barry Gladney was carrying a man arrested a short time earlier for medical observation to a family […]
Paul Olenski Silver Star Citation The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the SILVER STAR MEDAL to Private First Class Paul F. Olenski, United State Marine Corps, for services set forth in the following citation: “For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action while serving as a Radio Operator with Company C, […]
The Mississippi Highway Patrol “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” initiative will put an additional 285 troopers on the road during the Christmas/New Year’s Holiday. “This is the tenth year Mississippi has participated in the campaign,” Public Safety Commissioner Albert Santa Cruz said. “Last year, there was an average of 81 DUI arrests every day, […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – The Mississippi Highway Patrol investigated five fatal car crashes over the Labor Day holiday weekend, the same number as in 2012 and none of them in Northeast Mississippi. No traffic fatalities were reported on Mississippi highways by Troop G and Troop F, which covers the region. In […]
HOUSTON – The Mississippi Highway Patrol has filed formal paperwork and citations in Chickasaw County Justice Court to bring four charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth cleared the way for charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence, speeding and failing to comply with a […]
OKOLONA – Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth ruled there is enough evidence to bring formal charges against Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson following a hearing late Monday afternoon. Howorth heard more than three hours or testimony and viewed video of the Mississippi Highway Patrol’s traffic stop of Robertson on Dec. 7 on Highway […]
- MHSAA reclassifications announced November 28, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...