By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel HOUSTON – The Houston Hilltoppers could not have started any better in Friday night’s Game 2 of the MHSAA Class 4A North championship series. Sophomore Colton Peel made quick work of Ripley in the top of the first. The Houston bats went to work in the the bottom half of […]
Tag Archives | Peel
By David Wheeler Special to the Journal The logistics of weather and sports, especially during the playoffs, can create quick game changes. Such is the case of the Class 1A, 4A and 5A state semifinal baseball games, which have been moved to today in an effort to avoid the forecast of bad weather for Thursday. […]
By David Wheeler Special to the Journal The season that really counts for Mississippi high school baseball teams is scheduled to begin today, and 39 area schools still have the dream. Best 2-out-of-3 series in all six classifications have their first pitch of the postseason today, with the goal to reach the state championship series […]
By David Wheeler Special to the Chickasaw Journal Two-team baseball races in Class 4A at this point on the calendar appear to be the norm in Northeast Mississippi. In Division 1-4A, its competitive history has been one of down-to-the-wire battles for postseason qualification between four to five teams. There is a bit more space in […]
HOUSTON – Houston Lower Elementary School presented its final assembly, “HLES is on a Safari for Success,” featuring a total of four homerooms in kindergarten to second grade. Special class teachers, Emily Peel, Christy Watkins and Ann Weaver created and directed these shows, which displayed students’ talents and increased their skills in public speaking […]
Mr. and Mrs. Mitchell Alford of Houston are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter, Miss Haley Dianne Peel, to Mr. Brandon Gray Hardin of Belzoni. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Jimmy Peel and the late Mr. and Mrs. Curtis Alford of Houston. A 2000 graduate of Houston […]
HOUSTON – David “Pie” Eldred Peel Sr., 78, died Saturday, June 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born March 6, 1935, in Chickasaw County to Ben Jourdan Peel and Wilma Roberta Beasley Peel. He was a army Veteran of the Korean War. He was a retired truck driver and plant […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Mr. and Mrs. Mike Dunlap of Pontotoc, announce the engagement of their daughter, Ashley Brooke Dunlap, to David “Skeeter” Peel, son of Mr. and Mrs. David “Elrod” Peel of Houston and Mr. and Mrs. White of Tupelo. The future bride graduated from South Pontotoc High School and Itawamba Community College with […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...