By David Wheeler Special to the Journal The season that really counts for Mississippi high school baseball teams is scheduled to begin today, and 39 area schools still have the dream. Best 2-out-of-3 series in all six classifications have their first pitch of the postseason today, with the goal to reach the state championship series […]
Tag Archives | Perkins
MANTEE – Dan Womack, 75, died Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at his home. He was born Feb. 13, 1939, in Chickasaw County to Alton Granville Womack and Mary Wofford Womack. He retired from Spartus Corporation in Louisville. He was a member of Hohenlinden Baptist Church. He enjoyed farming and saw milling. Services will be at […]
WEST POINT – Doretha K. Fairchild, 89, passed away on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, at Dugan Memorial Home in West Point. She born July 8, 1924, in Clay County to Flora Perkins and Thomas Wilson Keller. She was a homemaker and attended Bible Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today, Jan. 29, at […]
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...