Oh, my goodness! What a great year for Okolona… Some really positive things took place in 2014. The furniture business is going strong, seven new or relocated businesses located on Main Street, the annual banquet and golf tournament were excellent, the Business Christmas Open House was a phenomenal success . . . the best ever, […]
Tag Archives | Perry
HOUSTON – In keeping with the Fourth of July holiday, members of the Houston Business Group (HBG) were treated to hot dogs, chips and drinks in a festive red, white and blue sidewalk setting at State Farm Insurance July 2. The Business Group held an informal discussion about what resources are available to merchants and […]
CHARLESTON – Lottie Booth Perry, 42, died Monday, March 10, 2014, in Oxford. She was born Aug. 19, 1971, in Clarksdale, and was the daughter of Janet Booth Griffin of Pensacola, Fla., and Dewayne and Carmen Booth of Houston. A 1989 graduate of Charleston High School, she was a 2001 graduate of Northeast College in […]
PLEASANT MOUND – Tourism, history, entertainment and fellowship were all wrapped up in the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Okolona in this past weekend. The three-day event saw cannons boom, rifles fire, cavalry charge and thousands of people show up to watch it all unfold on a little spot of ground in Northeast […]
TUPELO – Audrey Pearl Westmoreland, 86, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at Countrywood Manor after an extended illness. She was born Dec. 25, 1927, in Itawamba County, the daughter of Bernice and Katie Southern Fowler. She was a longtime employee of Lane Furniture, from 1973 until she retired in 1993. She was a faithful member […]
MATHISTON – Barbara Ann Perry Aycock, 68, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 26, 1945, in Choctaw County. She was a retired teacher and counselor. She was a member of Chester Baptist Church. Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at Chester Baptist […]
BIGBEE – Orville Ann Earrey Holley, 57, died Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013, at her residence after an extended illness. She was born May 24, 1956, in Chickasaw County to Robert Rufus Earrey and Thelma Long Parker. She was a native of Chickasaw County but had resided in Monroe County for the past 34 years. She […]
OKOLONA – The weather was perfect Monday night as more than 50 units took part in the Okolona Christmas Parade. The theme of this year’s parade was “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” and saw a variety of floats, walking troops, car clubs and two bands march down Main Street. “I thought the crowd was good […]
HOUSTON – Clemmie James Perry, 72, died Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013, at his home. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, at Pleasant Grove M.B. Church in Aberdeen. Pastor Danny Gladney will be officiating. Burial will be in Midway Cemetery in Vardaman. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen is in charge. He is […]
Ivy manages different hats in home town Editor’s Note: This is the third of four articles on area women making a difference in their community. OKOLONA – For Stelle Ivy, Okolona is the place to be. “I was born and raised here, graduated in 1973,” Ivy said of her home town. After attending […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...