By Hank Weisner Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Things are moving toward the construction of a new school in Houlka with trustees slated to open bids Aug. 25 to replace the building that burned June 30, 2014. Trustees will open bids from contractors and construction companies at 2 p.m. that Thursday. Trustees, their […]
Tag Archives | Phillips
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — The Chickasaw County School Board held a recessed meeting at the County Superintendent’s Office recently and received details and an overview of a proposed building to replace one destroyed by fire almost two years ago. The fire destroyed part of Houlka Attendance Center […]
OXFORD – In a pre-Independence Day concentration on illegal drug activity, seven Lafayette County-area law enforcement agencies began a sweep that netted more than 30 arrests. Lafayette County Metro Narcotics Unit, University of Mississippi Police Department, Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department, Oxford Police Department, United States Marshals Service, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the District Attorney’s […]
TUPELO – Gustave “Gus” Victor Crippen, 59, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born in Cairo, Ill., he had lived in the Tupelo area for the last 22 years. He had worked in the foam/furniture industry his entire working life and was currently plant manager at VIP Cinema Seating […]
Allyson Leitner of Starkville and Todd Phillips of Ingomar announce the engagement of their daughter, Allie Marie Phillips, to Benjamin Allen Wallis, son of Regina and Benny Wallis of Ripley. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Barbara and Lamar Phillips of Van Vleet and the late Allie Mae Anglin of Houston. Miss Phillips is a […]
AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He […]
Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Murphy of Hernando, Miss. announce the engagement of their daughter, Kayla Brooke Murphy, to Bryant Chase Smith of Vicksburg. Mr. Smith is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Kent Smith. Miss Murphy is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Darrell Spivey of Vicksburg, Mr. and Mrs. Frankie Murphy of Iuka, Miss. […]
PHEBA – Peggy Boyette Bigham, 80, passed away April 4, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Jan. 9, 1934, in Mathiston, the daughter of William Clay and Mattie Ruth Tollison Boyette. She was a retired seamstress with Monte Glove, a retired school bus driver and a Baptist. She married […]
PHEBA – Emmett Bigham, 82, died Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center-Tupelo. He was born Aug. 13, 1930, in Eupora to Ethel Powers and Norman Egbert Bigham. He was a retired superintendent of the canning department of Bryan Foods for 36 years and was of the Baptist faith. He was an avid […]
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Moving day at the Museum October 28, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...