By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA — Okolona’s mayor and city council has unanimously voted to accept the donation of several pieces of blighted property from their owners, and put a number of other landowners on 30-day notice to clean up their land. The action is part of a move by the […]
Tag Archives | Pickens
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal INGOMAR – Houlka was on the ropes Tuesday, down 13 points to Ingomar late in the third quarter. That’s when the Wildcats turned up the defense and sophomore forward Madarius Hobson turned on the offense. Hobson scored 18 points of his game-high 40 points down the stretch to lead Houlka […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw Development Foundation sponsored an art contest at Houston Lower Elementary School with a special twist for winners in each grade division. The top three artists in each grade had their picture feature in a display at the Civic Center during the recent Flywheel Festival. The students created their artwork through the month […]
OKOLONA – City employees, including aldermen and the mayor, will now seek approval from the Okolona Board of Aldermen before they will be re-imbursed for travel related to city business. Aldermen voted to specify why city employees are going to seminars, annual meetings and training anywhere outside the city limits. The motion was made […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, Tupelo died Dec 9, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center. Darrell was born, along with his twin brother, on May 5, 1973, in Okolona to Mary Jane Pickens and the late Climel Pickens He was a member of New Hope United Methodist Church. He attended Houlka Attendance Center, class of […]
TUPELO – Darrell Pickens, 40, died Monday at the North Mississippi Medical Center. Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona is handling arrangements.
RANDOLPH – Howard Bailey Ferguson, 71, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He drove an 18-wheeler all his life. An avid coon hunter, he loved horses and spending time with his family and friends. Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home […]
OKOLONA – Town Marshal Willie C. Moore, Jr. will be paid what the former police chief was paid following the threat of a lawsuit and a vote last week. Moore told the board he had hired a lawyer and was prepared to take the city to court if they didn’t pay him at the same […]
RANDOLPH – Frances Hodge, 87, died Sunday, March 24, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a devoted Christian wife, mother and friend to anyone she met. She and her husband, George, were married for 70 years before his death 48 days before hers. She was a farmer’s wife and helpmate for […]
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...