By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – If there was an easy way to collect unpaid fines owed across Mississippi someone would have figured it out long ago. Chickasaw County Supervisors called in Justice Court judges, constables and sheriff’s deputies recently seeking ways to collect a portion of the $1.8 […]
Tag Archives | Police Department
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Meeting Tuesday, Oct. 6, the New Houlka Board of Aldermen set a date for the town’s Christmas parade, allowed quicker training for town police, and learned that the town’s new lagoon aeration system is working well. Those […]
HOUSTON – The City of Houston is seeking to renegotiate its contract with the county to handle dispatching for the city police and fire services. Chickasaw County and Houston negotiated a contract in 2010 that handed city dispatching duties over to the county’s 911 operations center for an annual fee of $100,000. Houston is the […]
- EDITORIAL: Poor graduation rates August 18, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- Pontotoc rains on Houston August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...