By Caleb Bedillion Daily Journal TUPELO – Tuesday’s primary has most people talking presidential politics, but voters in North Mississippi also have the opportunity to cast a ballot for the state’s 1st Congressional District. Republican incumbent Trent Kelly faces challenger Paul Clever, a political newcomer, for the Congressional seat. The winner of the Republican primary […]
Tag Archives | President
Flying never happens until the bird leaves the nest. President Johnson’s Great Society is just over 50 years old. During this very long period America’s great society nest has become huge and yet crowded. President Lyndon Johnson declared war on poverty in January 1964. He then needed a poster child for his new […]
Dear Editor, As the Houston School District Board of Education begins the search for a new superintendent, we would love to encourage the input of the community, our district staff, and the families of our students. We have set up two ways to hear from you. First, we encourage everyone to fill out a survey […]
HOUSTON – The crowd was smaller but the need is greater. The number who showed up on the Courthouse Square for Thursday’s National Day of Prayer was below last year’s count, but the community still prayed for recent storm victims, the country and those suffering sickness and hard times. ”Houston dodged this last storm but […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Jefferson was the author of the Declaration of Independence, President of the United States, champion for education as the strength of democracy and advocate for a free press and freedom of religion. He also had a spirit of excellence, entrepreneurship, leadership and a heart to give back to America. It is for […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
GREENVILLE, S.C. – Susan Skelton Guest, a native of Houston, was recently named 2013-14 President of ASID Carolinas (American Society of Interior Designers) at the chapter conference in Greenville, S.C. After working for other design firms for 10 years, Susan opened Guest Interiors in 1993 in Hickory, N.C. The firm specializes in residential, commercial, and […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Development Foundation voted to change their mission statement and will now focus more on community building, attracting businesses and improving the quality of life for Chickasaw County. CDF bylaws require the organization to have a mission statement and leaders are charged with following it and using it as a guide in […]
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...