By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Chickasaw County is growing solar farms faster than any other county in Northeast Mississippi. A public hearing Monday in Houston before Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley saw no one oppose permits for two new solar arrays to be built on the red, sandy soil around Houston. Presley […]
Tag Archives | Presley
WOODLAND – Jewel Maurine Clark King, 90, died Friday, April 4, 2014, at her home in Woodland. She was born Dec. 15, 1923, in Clay County to Grady W. Clark and Eula Mae Clark. She was a homemaker and a member of Bethel Baptist Church. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, April 6, at Houston […]
HOULKA – Public Service Co mmissioner Brandon Presley wants to hear your complaints. Presley was in Houlka last week to listen to concerns about telephone service, water quality and natural gas and electricity bills. “We do this to get input from you on what public utilities in this part of Mississippi are doing for […]
Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley will be at the Community Center in Houlka at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8. The meeting is part of a series of to Town Hall Meetings across Northeast Mississippi to discuss issues with utility ratepayers. The public is urged to bring concerns and questions about utility rates and […]
HOUSTON – As the former mayor of Nettleton, Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said he routinely had small business owners come to him seeking grants and assistance. And Presley was in Houston Aug. 21, to tout the state’s energy incentive program for new small businesses that has already helped 1,032 new businesses with over $700,000 […]
HOUSTON/HOULKA – In today’s society, instant communication is prevelant and local school districts are implementing technology that will get their messages out quickly and to the correct audience. The Houston School District is currently setting up a text alert system that will notify parents of activity within the district. The text alert is voluntary and […]
HOUSTON – Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley said his job to is to make sure public utilities follow state law and doesn’t understand why some agencies have balked when he asked for their bylaws. Speaking to the Houston Exchange Club last week, Presley said utility companies that are given the right to operate […]
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...