By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Mayor and City Council held a public hearing at 6 p.m. at Rockwell-Green City Auditorium Tuesday, April 5, to discuss three privately-owned blighted properties located alongside each other on West Main Street in Okolona. No action was taken following the hearing, which is […]
Tag Archives | Prewitt
By William Moore Daily Journal OKOLONA – The storms that rolled through early Wednesday morning took their toll on downtown Okolona. Two century-old buildings in the 200 block of West Main Street were destroyed and a third was damaged. And officials are closely watching the buildings on either side. “(Around Nov. 7), we had some bricks […]
HOUSTON – Tonia Lynette Mathews Prewitt, 53, died Thursday. July 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born May 7, 1960, in Sikeston, Mo., to Harold Newton Mathews and Linda Nell Eakin Mathews. She was a member of Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church in Houston. Services will be at noon […]
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: It’s 2017, get to work January 14, 2017
- 4-H Promotion Day is Thursday. January 18, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? January 19, 2017
- Area crappie gathering in big schools. January 21, 2017
- TONY COOK: Let’s pray for our schools January 21, 2017
- ICC Fall graduates named January 21, 2017
- Wilson stepping down at East Webster January 20, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Time for a change January 20, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...