By Emma Crawford Kent Daily Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Department of Education and State Board of Education are seeking public feedback on the first state policy regarding physically restraining or placing public school students in seclusion as a result of behavioral issues. The proposed policy was released Thursday and the board voted to allow […]
Tag Archives | Public
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” First Amendment to the United States Constitution. It is the […]
By Emily Wagster Pettus Associated Press JACKSON – The chairman of a Mississippi Senate committee on government transparency is telling the public not to use cellphones or other electronic devices while his committee meets. Tuesday was the first big deadline of the 2016 legislative session, with House and Senate committees scrambling to consider general bills […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The annual Veteran’s Recognition program at Houston High School will begin at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday Nov. 11. Veterans are asked to attend a reception in the Media Center at 8:30 a.m. to get their name on the list to be recognized and to receive a special HHS Veteran’s pin. […]
Let’s try a thought experiment. Let’s imagine a group of people who endured hundreds of years of social upheaval: war, dispossession, impressments into the service of foreign armies, transport to strange and hostile climes where they were forced into service of a class of people inimical to their interests and prejudicial toward them as a […]
Once again the merits of doing public business in public has been put to the test. And those living in the Houston School District have gotten an “A.” The Houston School District Board of Trustees dismissed their attorney’s earlier this month after they were made aware of some type of alleged conflict of interest involving […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A task force created by the state Senate to look at Mississippi’s transportation needs tentatively plans to hold at least three public hearings throughout the state to garner input. The public hearings will have to be held soon to give the Transportation Task Force time to […]
HOUSTON – Prayer at Houston athletic events is as much a part of the game as popcorn, cokes and the National Anthem, but a new state law requires schools that pray to follow a state-mandated policy on school prayer. The Houston School District Board of Trustees held their first reading Aug. 12, of a new […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
by Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Supervisors in about 35 rural counties across the state can now request the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to place a driver’s license examiner or a kiosk where people can renew their license in their county seat. The legislation requiring the Department of Public Safety to […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...