Special to the Chickasaw Journal Cawyer Taylor, 6, from left, Kellan Taylor, 3 and Abbi Pullen 8, were helped with decorating the Houlka Christmas Tree at Houlka’s first annual Christmas Festival, Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015. The trio of kids were helped by Elf Tina and Elf Ginger.
Tag Archives | Pullen
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The rain kept few away from the food and fun at the Third Annual Houlka Cornbread Festival Saturday, as the community came downtown to enjoy music, crafts and cornbread. Rain over the weekend had most watching the sky, but festival organizers said they got in all events […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: Precinct by precinct results can be found in this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal found at newstands around Chickasaw County. By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – Chuquatonchee Creek divides the county physically and Tuesday night election results show it divides it politically. “Candidates have three weeks until the primary runoff,” […]
Tony and Tina Pullen of Houlka and Roy and Meredith Park of Van Vleet announce the engagement of their daughter, Heather Nichole Park of Houlka, to Grant Taylor Sullivan, son of Ronnie and Valerie Sullivan of Tupelo.The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Billy Collums and Ike and Maxine Denton of Houlka, and the […]
HOULKA – Cornbread Festival organizers hoped for a good turnout at the inaugural event Saturday and were blown away with the number of people who showed up to eat cornbread, buy arts and crafts and enjoy a little music. The Square in Houlka was packed with vendors and cars were parked four blocks deep for […]
HOULKA – Cornbread cooking is serious business in this neck of the woods and there will be competition next week to find out who can cook up the best pan of cornbread Houlka will host the Cornbread Festival starting at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 on the Square with music, fun and – of course […]
EDITOR’S NOTE: This story and photo were the featured article in the FALL BRIDAL Special Edition containing ideas and information about fall and holiday weddings. The special edition was published Sept. 11, 2012 Chickasaw Journal. GALLATIN, Tenn. – Houston native Anell Pullen may not have dreamed of a fall wedding in the mountains when she […]
From spring sports to state testing, time is about to fly! Just a few days ago one of my teachers said, “Okay, everyone pull out your group assignments from August.”. Not only had I thrown mine away, but I was shocked by how fast time has flown. It seems like just yesterday we were all […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...