By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal COOBER PEDY, Australia – The Sun has not gone down on Sundancer. A mix-up on the part of the World Solar Car Challenge judges initially showed, Sundancer, the Houston Solar Car was out of the race across Australia the middle of this week. “We were never out of the race,” […]
Tag Archives | Racing
Our world and particularly American culture has moved toward mediocrity over the past decades as we simply sit back and enjoy the fruits of the greatest economy in the greatest country on earth. We are glad to recognize the Houston Solar Race Team as a group that has refused to accept average […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – They are what Houston does best, and they could show the world that Mississippi and America are the best solar car racers on the planet next month. The Houston Solar Car was carefully packed in a massive wooden crate and trucked to Federal Express in […]
This is normally the time of year this newspaper is bringing you headlines, stories and photos of the Houston Solar Car coming back from some part of this great country with another National Solar Challenge Trophy. But this year the Houston Solar Car will be traveling to Australia to compete in the World Solar Car […]
That’s how many times the Houston Solar Car has gone to Texas and come home with the Solar Challenge Championship Trophy. They did it again this year with a tried and true strategy that has withstood the test of time since two cavemen decided to race to the next tree – get out in front […]
HILL COUNTRY, Texas — Solar racing is what Houston, Mississippi does best! The Houston Solar Car team held an unofficial 160-mile lead in a race that today will only be 150 miles from Waco to Austin. “I am so proud of this team, this car, our instructors and sponsors,” said Kristen Black, Houston Solar Car […]
Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events. Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel. Prior to that a meeting of all […]
This newspaper has repeatedly said one of the things Houston does best is Solar Car. The Houston Solar Car team heads to Fort Worth, Texas today and will race the roundtrack at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth for a couple of days before they hit Texas highways for a road race to Austin. And […]
MONROE, La. — The Houston Solar Car team made it safely to the Fort Worth Mariott Hotel, but not before they made a side-trip to Duck Dynasty Headquarters in Monroe, La. Monroe is about half-way between Houston and Fort Worth and the the perfect opportunity for a rest and photo opportunity. The trailer hauling the […]
This newspaper has repeatedly said one of the things Houston does best is Solar Car. The Houston Solar Race team heads to Fort Worth, Texas, tomorrow and will race to Los Angeles, California. And they will proudly represent this community and this state every inch of the way. Did we point out this is their […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...