HOUSTON – The Houston School Board of Trustees has voted to borrow up to $1.5 million to purchase seven new buses to compliment its aging fleet of 26 vehicles. The motion to approve the note and sale of bonds was made by Trustee Marvin Beard with a second by Trustee Bart Munlin. Board President Daniel […]
Tag Archives | raises
HOUSTON – The district’s non-certified employees and administrators will get raises and the Houston School District will buy buses following a vote by trustees Monday night. The raises will come from the district’s fund balance and total $61,412. Buses are estimated to cost about $75,000 each, with the district seeking up to seven, and they […]
HOUSTON – Most city employees will see an increase in their paycheck this month, but not all of them. In a break from traditional across-the-board raises, Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted 3-2 for merit raises for all but three fulltime employees last week. Part-time workers will also not see an increase in wages. The vote […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...