By Parrish Alford Daily Journal Ole Miss officials have had very little to say about the NCAA investigation into the school’s football program. Rebels coach Hugh Freeze broke that silence in a big way Tuesday in Destin, Florida, at the SEC’s spring business meetings. He talked about owning mistakes, about his faith in his coaches […]
Tag Archives | rebels
Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Manny Diaz is on the move again. Just like in his first stint as Mississippi State’s defensive coordinator, Diaz only lasted one season in Starkville before moving on. This time, Diaz is returning to his roots in his hometown of Miami, where he will serve as the Hurricanes’ […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OXFORD – It’s no longer just speculation. Ole Miss and the Sugar Bowl are an official match. The SEC’s official statement on how its representative for New Orleans’ traditional Jan. 1 bowl game is chosen made it pretty clear. If the SEC champion is part of the four-team […]
OXFORD – Ole Miss fans think this year’s team is better than last year. The Rebels chased rival Mississippi State in the polls all season last year then strolled into the annual Egg Bowl to spank the Bulldogs, 31-17. Ole Miss and coach Hugh Freeze still have a few questions to answer at key […]
OXFORD – A new service group comprised of students at the University of Mississippi is swinging into action to help the Children’s Miracle Network. RebelTHON will be held April 5-6 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. at the Jackson Avenue Center in Oxford. The event is based on a dance marathon, but not limited to […]
- TOPPER PRIDE: Houston High School PTO forms, host fundraiser. November 25, 2016
- Egg Bowl notebook 2016 November 30, 2016
- Houlka leaning on veteran leadership November 30, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Shop local December 1, 2016
- Community gives thanks December 1, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...