Dear Editor, On behalf of all the teams and individuals who worked to make this year’s RELAY FOR LIFE a success, we want to say thanks to our sponsors, donors and helpers who made it all possible. This is truly a team effort, and we had people from all over this area doing their best […]
Tag Archives | Relay for Life
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal THORN – The rain threatened to bring a stormy day to the 2016 Chickasaw County Relay For life, but cancer survivors and their family knew where to go during the storms that life brings – they went to church. Thorn Church of God opened their doors to Relay […]
HOUSTON — They walked, they talked and they raised money to find a cure for cancer. Hundreds of people packed Joe Brigance Park Saturday afternoon to celebrate the 2015 Chickasaw County Relay for Life and raise money to fight cancer. “This is always a lot of fun, but it has a serious side, too,” said […]
HOUSTON – There is no better way to spend a Saturday than seeking a cure for cancer. Chickasaw County Relay for Life 2015 is set for this weekend at Joe Brigance Park and while the traditional evening event has moved to the afternoon, all the regular fun events and people seeking to raise money to […]
HOUSTON – The latest way to raise money for charity organizations and have a little fun will run through Houston in August. The Color For A Cause Run will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston with more than a half dozen local and regional organizations set to benefit from a […]
HOUSTON — They walked, they talked and they raised money to find a cure for cancer. Hundreds of people packed Joe Brigance Park Friday night to celebrate the 2014 Chickasaw County Relay for Life and raise money to fight cancer. “We had good crowds, good participation and perfect weather,” said Rick Huffman, spokesman for the […]
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
HOUSTON – They say deep pockets solve lots of problems and it costs to do research that may one day find a cure for Cancer. The Chickasaw County Relay for Life will be held May 2 at Joe Brigance Park to raise money to find a cure and Relay team members are fanning out to […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...