Dear Editor, On behalf of all the teams and individuals who worked to make this year’s RELAY FOR LIFE a success, we want to say thanks to our sponsors, donors and helpers who made it all possible. This is truly a team effort, and we had people from all over this area doing their best […]
Tag Archives | Relay for Life
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal THORN – The rain threatened to bring a stormy day to the 2016 Chickasaw County Relay For life, but cancer survivors and their family knew where to go during the storms that life brings – they went to church. Thorn Church of God opened their doors to Relay […]
HOUSTON — They walked, they talked and they raised money to find a cure for cancer. Hundreds of people packed Joe Brigance Park Saturday afternoon to celebrate the 2015 Chickasaw County Relay for Life and raise money to fight cancer. “This is always a lot of fun, but it has a serious side, too,” said […]
HOUSTON – There is no better way to spend a Saturday than seeking a cure for cancer. Chickasaw County Relay for Life 2015 is set for this weekend at Joe Brigance Park and while the traditional evening event has moved to the afternoon, all the regular fun events and people seeking to raise money to […]
HOUSTON – The latest way to raise money for charity organizations and have a little fun will run through Houston in August. The Color For A Cause Run will be held Saturday, Aug. 23 at Joe Brigance Park in Houston with more than a half dozen local and regional organizations set to benefit from a […]
HOUSTON — They walked, they talked and they raised money to find a cure for cancer. Hundreds of people packed Joe Brigance Park Friday night to celebrate the 2014 Chickasaw County Relay for Life and raise money to fight cancer. “We had good crowds, good participation and perfect weather,” said Rick Huffman, spokesman for the […]
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
HOUSTON – They say deep pockets solve lots of problems and it costs to do research that may one day find a cure for Cancer. The Chickasaw County Relay for Life will be held May 2 at Joe Brigance Park to raise money to find a cure and Relay team members are fanning out to […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...