Special to the Chickasaw Journal PONTOTOC – A Colorado man and his female companion from the United Kingdom were arrested last week and charged with burglarizing Moore’s Feed Store on Highway 15 South in Pontotoc. Pontotoc Police Chief Randy Tutor identified the two arrested as Jessie W. […]
Tag Archives | Reynolds
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Mississippi House amended legislation Tuesday by an overwhelming vote to enact a statewide lottery. To enhance their commitment to the lottery, the House actually amended two consecutive bills to enact the lottery. “For 33 years I have served in the Legislature. Every now and then, […]
Mr. and Mrs. John William Lancaster of Houston, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kimberly Lancaster, to Andrew Reynolds, son of Mr. and Mrs. Lester Reynolds Jr. of New Augusta, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Mae and the late Mr. Parker Lancaster, and the late Mr. and Mrs. David Wilburn Allen, all […]
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
HOULKA – “I feel excitement in the air,” said Superintendent Dr. Betsy Collums to students at Houlka Attendance Center May 2. Collums addressed students in kindergarten through twelfth grade encouraging them to go into the next two testing weeks with positive attitudes and ready to do their best. “This is why we’ve been working so […]
THAXTON – Sharon Jenkins Reynolds, 55, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a loved wife and mama and “the greatest Nana in the world.” She was known to family and friends as the most beautiful, sharing and unselfish person one could meet, always putting everyone else’s […]
SAREPTA – Imogene Braddock Bockman, 79, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center. She was born March 26, 1933, in Calhoun County. She was a retired employee of Glenn Slacks and a member of Sarepta Baptist Church. An avid gardener, she loved working with her flowers. Services were at 3 p.m. Saturday […]
- Houlka reviewing bids for new school September 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers roll up Red Raiders September 22, 2016
- Flywheel to spin Friday, Saturday September 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun September 23, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Capsules September 23, 2016
- Chickasaw County legislator was near New York terrorist attack September 26, 2016
- MDOC postpones strict visitation rules September 26, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week September 25, 2016
- Houston to host WMU fall meeting September 25, 2016
- Saturday morning injury clinic for area athletes. September 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...