Special to the Chickasaw Journal PONTOTOC – A Colorado man and his female companion from the United Kingdom were arrested last week and charged with burglarizing Moore’s Feed Store on Highway 15 South in Pontotoc. Pontotoc Police Chief Randy Tutor identified the two arrested as Jessie W. […]
Tag Archives | Reynolds
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Mississippi House amended legislation Tuesday by an overwhelming vote to enact a statewide lottery. To enhance their commitment to the lottery, the House actually amended two consecutive bills to enact the lottery. “For 33 years I have served in the Legislature. Every now and then, […]
Mr. and Mrs. John William Lancaster of Houston, announce the engagement of their daughter, Kimberly Lancaster, to Andrew Reynolds, son of Mr. and Mrs. Lester Reynolds Jr. of New Augusta, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Mae and the late Mr. Parker Lancaster, and the late Mr. and Mrs. David Wilburn Allen, all […]
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
HOULKA – “I feel excitement in the air,” said Superintendent Dr. Betsy Collums to students at Houlka Attendance Center May 2. Collums addressed students in kindergarten through twelfth grade encouraging them to go into the next two testing weeks with positive attitudes and ready to do their best. “This is why we’ve been working so […]
THAXTON – Sharon Jenkins Reynolds, 55, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a loved wife and mama and “the greatest Nana in the world.” She was known to family and friends as the most beautiful, sharing and unselfish person one could meet, always putting everyone else’s […]
SAREPTA – Imogene Braddock Bockman, 79, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center. She was born March 26, 1933, in Calhoun County. She was a retired employee of Glenn Slacks and a member of Sarepta Baptist Church. An avid gardener, she loved working with her flowers. Services were at 3 p.m. Saturday […]
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...