By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Hilltoppers have not lost a game since they fell to 5A Oxford on April 2. Houston has rolled through the playoffs with a series of two-game sweeps of Gentry, Lafayette and most recently, Corinth. The Hilltoppers now face Ripley for the 4A North Half. […]
Tag Archives | Scott Gann
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Forget the MLB All-Stars, Houston has a group of young men who have earned a long list of awards, honors and recognition in baseball this year. The Houston Hilltoppers made their first trip to the State Championship Game in Pearl this spring and were 2015 4A Runner-Up, losing […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Catcher Kody Kimbrough has picked up an honor off the diamond and has been named an academic scholar at Northwest Mississippi Community College. The newly released 2014-15 MACJC Academic All-State Team includes 27 Northwest Mississippi Community College student-athletes, good enough for third-best in the league among 15 […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Few things in this world are more satisfying than hitting a home run. The Houston Hilltoppers hosted their annual Home Run Derby last week with the team and alumni urged to step into the batter’s box and give it their best shot – for a fee. The […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel RIPLEY – Houston Hilltoppers coach Scott Gann has preached taking advantage of others team’s misfortunes all season. That message came in handy Friday in Game 2 of their Class 4A best-of-three play-in series against the Ripley Tigers. Houston scored three of their four runs on three Ripley errors and Hilltoppers […]
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Collision kills two near Vardaman October 25, 2016
- Houlka aldermen hold budget hearing October 27, 2016
- County formally amends 2016 budget October 27, 2016
- Louisville edges Toppers October 27, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...