Baseball Playoffs FRIDAY’S GAMES Class 1A Hickory Flat at TCPS Biggersville at Pine Grove West Union at Falkner Thrasher at Myrtle Broad Street at Hamilton Houlka at Shaw Vardaman at Simmons JFK at Smithville Class 2A West Bolivar at Strayhorn Bruce at Ingomar J.Z. George at Leland Walnut at Calhoun City Winona […]
Tag Archives | Shaw
NOVEMBER 20, 2015 PLAYOFF GAMES CLASS 1A Shaw (8-4) at Smithville (12-1) THE PLAYERS Shaw: QB Jermarquis Stimmage has rushed for 457 yards, 11 TDs on 58 carries. … QB Travelle Ware has rushed for 422 yards, 5 TDs on 81 carries. … DL Kuston Montgomery has 3 sacks. Smithville: QB Blake Comer has thrown […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 19th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The Chickasaw Development Foundation will earn credit for those in […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE –With Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant offering the keynote address, manufacturing, logistics and transportation leaders will “Focus on the Future” at the fifth annual Manufacturing Summit. The Wednesday March 18 program, held by Mississippi State University and American Home Furnishings Alliance, will be held on campus at the Franklin Center, […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal The remaining first-round games of the MHSAA girls basketball playoffs postponed Monday and Wednesday because of Winter Storm Remus are expected to be played today. Most of the boys’ first-round games were played Tuesday. A few were rescheduled for today. Some girls teams, including Itawamba AHS and Ripley, were able […]
ABERDEEN – Johnnie M. Shaw, 90, of Aberdeen, died Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 3, 1924, in the Egypt Community to Elbert Ray Davis and Mattie Sue Davis. She was a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She loved cooking, gardening and spending time with her family. […]
HOUSTON – Cleo Weed Boyce, 87, died Monday, April 21, 2014. She was born Feb. 17, 1927, in Houston to Andrea Jackson Weed and Pearl O’Barr Weed. She was a member of Macedonia Methodist Church.Services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will be in Macedonia Methodist Cemetery. Memorial Funeral […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...