Baseball Playoffs FRIDAY’S GAMES Class 1A Hickory Flat at TCPS Biggersville at Pine Grove West Union at Falkner Thrasher at Myrtle Broad Street at Hamilton Houlka at Shaw Vardaman at Simmons JFK at Smithville Class 2A West Bolivar at Strayhorn Bruce at Ingomar J.Z. George at Leland Walnut at Calhoun City Winona […]
Tag Archives | Shaw
NOVEMBER 20, 2015 PLAYOFF GAMES CLASS 1A Shaw (8-4) at Smithville (12-1) THE PLAYERS Shaw: QB Jermarquis Stimmage has rushed for 457 yards, 11 TDs on 58 carries. … QB Travelle Ware has rushed for 422 yards, 5 TDs on 81 carries. … DL Kuston Montgomery has 3 sacks. Smithville: QB Blake Comer has thrown […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – CREATE Foundation’s Commission on the Future of Northeast Mississippi will host its 19th annual State of the Region meeting from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. today. The meeting will be held at the BancorpSouth Conference Center. The Chickasaw Development Foundation will earn credit for those in […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE –With Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant offering the keynote address, manufacturing, logistics and transportation leaders will “Focus on the Future” at the fifth annual Manufacturing Summit. The Wednesday March 18 program, held by Mississippi State University and American Home Furnishings Alliance, will be held on campus at the Franklin Center, […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal The remaining first-round games of the MHSAA girls basketball playoffs postponed Monday and Wednesday because of Winter Storm Remus are expected to be played today. Most of the boys’ first-round games were played Tuesday. A few were rescheduled for today. Some girls teams, including Itawamba AHS and Ripley, were able […]
ABERDEEN – Johnnie M. Shaw, 90, of Aberdeen, died Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 3, 1924, in the Egypt Community to Elbert Ray Davis and Mattie Sue Davis. She was a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She loved cooking, gardening and spending time with her family. […]
HOUSTON – Cleo Weed Boyce, 87, died Monday, April 21, 2014. She was born Feb. 17, 1927, in Houston to Andrea Jackson Weed and Pearl O’Barr Weed. She was a member of Macedonia Methodist Church.Services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will be in Macedonia Methodist Cemetery. Memorial Funeral […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...