Most of you know that DeSoto County is my second home and the first home of my wife, Ann. When I went to DeSoto County for my first teaching job, I found myself at Horn Lake High School. Not knowing anyone on staff, I was in the same shape as many first year teachers – […]
Tag Archives | Shiloh
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Private John Wiggs was born Western Chickasaw County, fought in the Civil War and was one of the lucky ones who returned home and lived the rest of his life among family and friends. There are still many Wiggs in that part of the county and many can trace their roots […]
HOULKA – Loyd Carrol Warren, Sr., 81, passed away at his home, surrounded by his family, on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013. He was born on Oct. 6, 1931, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Franklin Corporation where he had held many jobs. He was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church but had attended First […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- Okolona man held in Shannon shooting March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...