HOUSTON Houston School District dress code policy Good learning situations depend on the best possible behavior and attitude of the student. Students are encouraged to take pride in themselves and to strive to meet public expectations. Students should be neat and clean, thus reflecting favorably on themselves and the school. Safety, health, and […]
Tag Archives | Shop
This is the summer shopping season and the time of year when people shop for their home, school children and spend a little extra money on a night out or weekend get-together. And this is also the time of year when community-oriented newspapers urge you to shop at home. We all know the reason for […]
It’s summer and it’s time for things to grow. We think that also applies to local businesses, industry and service professions in Chickasaw County. We at the Chickasaw Journal are quick to point out we don’t have the expertise, data or credentials to say exactly what you need to make your business grow or when […]
Putting a dent in your car or truck means you need to call Frank Smith Body Shop in Houston. Smith has more years in the auto repair business than he want to think about, but that expertise and knowledge of fixing bent automobiles makes him one of the best bodymen around. Frank Smith Body Shop […]
HOUSTON – Customers come from near and far to sit in the chair at Warnick’s Barber Shop for a haircut and to catch up on what’s happening in the world and in Chickasaw County. Gerald Gray has been trimming hair since 1960 and been cutting hair in Houston for the past 4-1/2 years at the […]
ALGOMA –Billy Derl “”Earl”” Aron, 55, of Algoma, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at home. He loved hunting, fishing and hanging out at the Shop with family and friends. He also loved spending time with his grandchildren. A memorial service will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – You can spend your money at the big box stores on Black Friday, mail it out of town on Cyber Monday or you can spend it with someone you know in Houston, Okolona, Houlka or Woodland this Christmas. Economic development staff and city officials are urging shoppers to look for deals this […]
HOULKA – The Houlka Board of Aldermen moved one step closer to a new city shop at the July 2 meeting. The old shop will be torn down later this year to make way for expansion by the Houlka Nazarene Church and city leaders are still trying to determine what kind of structure to […]
HOUSTON – One hundred years ago, O.E. Baird and E.E. Baird bought a shop downtown and this month the third generation of Bairds will celebrate a century of work at that location. Bobby, Doug and Rob Baird still go to work at the shop at 221 North Jefferson each day turning parts, forging fittings and […]
When you walk in the door at Earp’s Barber Shop it is easy to understand you are in place tailored to cut men’s hair. “All I do is cut hair,” said Jim Earp, who has been trimming men’s manes in Houston for 39 years. “I’ve been in this location the last 10 of those years. […]
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...