NETTLETON – Herman Shumpert, 95, died on Thursday, May 1, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice. He was born June 15, 1918, to Eck and Georgia William Shumpert. He accepted Christ at an early age and joined Palestine United Methodist Church and served there until he moved to Chicago. There he joined Rust […]
Tag Archives | Shumpert
Ask Imogene Armstrong what she would look for in a day care for her children and she is quick to give two honest answers. “Safety and people who care,” said Armstrong. “Safety should be the first concern for anybody looking to leave their children with someone else, even if it’s family or friends. Second, your […]
PARRIS ISLAND, S.C. – Pvt. Christopher Blake Lofton, son of Michelle Malone of Houston and Don Lofton of Mantee, recently completed U.S. Marine Corps basic training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island. His training consisted of marksmanship with an M16A4 rifle and rifle firing qualification, close order drill, martial arts, bivouacs, weapons training, […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...