The 858thth Engineering Company is back home safe in Mississippi. Units made the 19-hour plane ride from the Afghanistan and will now check in equipment, be debriefed and begin the transition back to life in the good ole U.S. of A. A few officers and enlisted men are still doing something close to rear-guard action, […]
Tag Archives | Soldier
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
At the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918, an armistice, or cease-fire, went into effect ending the fighting in World War I. After four long years, the “Great War” was over. President Woodrow Wilson had called it the “war to end all wars” and the war “to make the […]
- Doing the most for your dog February 12, 2017
- McMullen signs with Blue Mountain February 16, 2017
- HHS and Community Choir to sing February 16, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...