MANTEE – Sara Sue “Mama Sue” Scott Harrington, 96, died Wednesday, June 4, 2014, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston.She was born Dec. 12, 1917, in Mantee to Robert Oliver Scott and Ethel Dale Stevens Scott. She was a homemaker and a member of Mantee Baptist Church.Services are Thursday, June 5, at 3 p.m. at […]
Tag Archives | Sue
TUPELO – Betty Sue Davis, 69, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 26, 1944, in Houston to Johnny Ardell Martin and Mamie Lee Wheeler Martin. She was an office manager for Roy Foster Furniture Company. Services are 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Houston Funeral Home […]
NEW ALBANY – Georgia Sue Cox Chandler, 83, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born May 9, 1930, in Chickasaw County to George Columbus Cox and Vivian Richardson Cox. She was retired from Action Industries in Tupelo, where she worked as an upholsterer. She was a […]
WEST POINT – Virginia Sue Wright Blansett, 72, passed away Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Dec. 3, 1940, in Vardaman to Willie Bell McGregor Wright and Finley Wright. She was a seamstress for Big Yank for 30 years and was a member of the Baptist […]
ABERDEEN – Mattie Sue Moore, 88, died Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at her home in Aberdeen. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 15, at Baptist Grove M.B. Church in Prairie. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Carter’s Mortuary Services in West Point is in charge of the arrangements.
PONTOTOC – Raymond Furr Montgomery Sr., 90, died Friday, May 3, 2013, at Sunshine Health Care. He was a World War II Army Veteran, Private First Class Headquarters Battery – 109th Field Artillery Battalion Battles and Campaigns: Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes, Central Europe, Battle of the Bulge, Bastonge, Germany. A recent found newpaper article […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Stanley and Sue Ard of Houston are pleased to announce the marriage of their daughter, Brittany Lee, to Chad Ellis Brown, son of John Brown III of Hamilton, Miss., and Rhonda Lawson of New Albany. Brittany is the granddaughter of the late Loyd and Mary Lee Eaton of Houston and […]
TUPELO – Bobbie Sue Butler Burton, 79, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at Magnolia Manor of Tupelo, A native of Mize, she had lived in Jackson many years before moving to Tupelo in 2010. She was a member of Daniel Memorial Baptist Church. She was a retired federal employee with 34 years of service with […]
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...