DANIEL GARDNER: The “Good News” in Russia What did I miss while traveling in Russia the past two weeks? The Supreme Court passed a law making same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states; Obama celebrated by decorating the White House with a rainbow; media attention shifted quickly from Christians in Charlotte miraculously forgiving a murderer […]
Tag Archives | Supreme Court
By Mark Sherman Associated Press WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court declared Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States. Gay and lesbian couples already can marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court’s 5-4 ruling means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – A Pittsboro man will not get a new trial in the 2012 stabbing of a 68-year-old man. Andy Brown, 32, was convicted of murder in Calhoun County in April 2013. According to trial testimony, Brown stabbed Earlie Balford 18 times with Balford’s screwdriver. In his appeal, Brown cited […]
What roles will social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and religious freedom play in the 2016 presidential race? On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decided abortion was a legal right, thus settling the debate … right! In January of this year an estimated 600,000 people marched in Washington to protest the legalization of abortion. […]
What roles will social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and religious freedom play in the 2016 presidential race? On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decided abortion was a legal right, thus settling the debate … right! In January of this year an estimated 600,000 people marched in […]
Daily Journal NEW ALBANY – Some recreational trails may be jeopardized by a Monday U.S. Supreme Court decision, but the Tanglefoot Trail is not among them, said the trail’s attorney. SCOTUS ruled in a Wyoming case that an 1875 law conveyed only an easement, not title, to companies to build railroads on lands that were […]
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...