By Logan Lowery Daily Journal STARKVILLE – Sometimes traditions are hard to overcome. Mississippi State entered Thursday night’s game 0-36 all-time against Tennessee. The 13th-ranked Bulldogs appeared to be headed for their 37th straight loss to the Lady Vols after falling behind 55-43 in the third quarter. But MSU mounted a feverish comeback in the […]
Tag Archives | Tennessee
By Andrew Dalton Associated Press LOS ANGELES – An eye-popping and unprecedented Powerball jackpot whose rise to $1.6 billion became a national fascination will be split three ways. The winners’ identities remain a mystery, but they bought their tickets in Florida, Tennessee and a Los Angeles suburb where even lottery losers were celebrating Thursday that […]
PONTOTOC – Greg Roberts, 41, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He went to Bolton High School in Tennessee and played football at the University of Tennessee. He loved his children and grandchild but most of all his wife. He was a very compassionate, loving and helped anyone […]
M AYNARDVILLE, Tenn. – Delinda J. Hoskins, 51, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. She was a member of Alder Springs Baptist Church and was Attendance Secretary at Horace Maynard Middle School. Her favorite hobbies were shopping and she was the “Queen” of yard sales. Delinda is […]
COLUMBIA, Tenn. – Anna Marion Wessels, 100, passed away at her home in Columbia, Tenn., on Sunday, March 16, 2014. She was born on May 19, 1913, in Houlka to Robert Marion and Kate Patterson Marion. She married Ernest Wessels on June 19, 1938 and they had two children together. She graduated from Blue Mountain […]
Mr. and Mrs. Don Alan Stanfill of Germantown, Tennessee announce the engagement of their daughter, Bethany Grace Stanfill, to John Russell Penick III, son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Terrell Penick of Madison. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Rev. James Donald Stanfill of Oxford, Mrs. Doris Shackelford Stanfill of New Albany, and […]
HOUSTON – Thirty-seven graduates of Houston High School received their diploma in 1949 and while life has carried them far away, their heart still calls them home once a year. The Class of 1949 celebrated their 63rd annual reunion recently with the group gathering at Bridges-Hall manor in Houston to catch up on family news […]
JACKSON, Tenn. – Lucy Osborne Neely Cockrell, 83, formerly of Okolona, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, in Jackson, Tenn. She attended school in Okolona. She was a member of Eastern Star M.B. Church in Okolona, until she moved to Jackson, Tenn., and joined Springhill M.B. Church. She was married to the late Walter Neely and […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The congregation at Houston First United Methodist Church welcomed a new pastor in the pulpit Sunday morning, although he didn’t have far to travel to get here. Bro. Rex Wilburn will replace Bro. Larry Patrick at Houston FUMC due to Patrick’s retirement for health reasons and Wilburn moved […]
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...