By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Chickasaw School District Superintendent Betsy Collums told the January meeting of the School Board she was satisfied with the recently-released Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) test results, but said the district is continuing to seek improvement. Third to eight […]
Tag Archives | Test Scores
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY — Chickasaw and Okolona school district officials said they were satisfied with the recently-released Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) test results, but added they are continuing to seek improvement. Third to eighth grade students took the language and math tests […]
By Hank Wiesner and Floyd Ingram Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona High School was among high schools across the state receiving official results recently on the first tests taken with new, more difficult Mississippi College and Career-Ready Standards. The test results show that Okolona students are performing […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – The first set of state test results were released last week with area school scoring well in some areas and a need for improvement seen in other subjects. Results reflect tests taken by high school students in algebra and English 2 that were […]
By Chris Kieffer Daily Journal Mississippi children trail their peers across the country on important indicators of education, health and economic security, according to a new national report released today. The Annie E. Casey Foundation’s “Race for Results” looks at 12 factors that influence a child’s success – including babies born at normal birthweight, scores […]
All schools in Chickasaw County start this week. For the first time in over 12 years Ingrams only have one young man in local schools. Schools are so critical the quality of life of any town. Good communities have good schools. — I can’t say enough about the Houston Solar Car team’s 13th consecutive victory […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...