By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal THORN – The rain threatened to bring a stormy day to the 2016 Chickasaw County Relay For life, but cancer survivors and their family knew where to go during the storms that life brings – they went to church. Thorn Church of God opened their doors to Relay […]
Tag Archives | Thorn Church of God
HOUSTON – Two Houston High School students will get a first-hand view of various medical careers during a month-long program at North Mississippi Medical Center this summer. Kaitlyn O’Barr and Hannah Grimes will travel twice a week in June to NMMC in Tupelo and spend time in a variety of medical departments watching and learning […]
HOULKA – Mavis Barnett Collums, 71, died Saturday, May 3, 2014, at her home. She was born Dec. 26, 1942, to Fred Franklin Barnett and Emmie Gibson Barnett in Chickasaw County She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, May 4, at Thorn Church of God with Bro. […]
HOUSTON – For almost 30 years, volunteers have spread Christmas cheer in Houston and the surrounding areas and the drive has begun again. Project Noel began as a grass-roots effort to help the less fortunate during the holidays and has continued to serve the community with Christmas cheer. Carol Byrne has worked with Project Noel […]
HOUSTON – Edna Earl Watkins, 84, died Friday, Nov. 22 in Houston. She was born July 28, 1929, to Jackson Murphy “Bud” and Hattie Mae Sanders, in Madden in Leake County. She worked at Gulf States Ceramic Tile in Houston. She attended the Word of Life Church in Tupelo. Services will be at 2 p.m. […]
HOUSTON – Jimmy Ray “”Joker”” Wright, 57, died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 7, 1956, in Calhoun County. He lived most of his life in Chickasaw County. He was a disabled truck driver and a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 10 a.m. today, Nov. […]
HOUSTON – Mary Ruth Walls Higginbotham, 85, died Friday, July 5, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born December 18, 1927, in Vardaman to Albert Franklin Walls and Minitia Ethel Burgess Walls. She was a homemaker and a farmer. She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be at 4 […]
- EDITORIAL: Shop local December 1, 2016
- County discusses CCRCC contract December 5, 2016
- Okolona addresses radio concerns December 5, 2016
- Fuller named to 2016 NMMC All Star Team December 5, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...