By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal Hunters looking for a lost dog discovered a body in Chickasaw County Wednesday afternoon. Chickasaw County Sheriff James Meyers said authorities were called to County Road 112 in the Tombigbee National Forest and Game Area between Houston and Houlka. Chicaksaw County Coroner Michael Fowler said the body was in poor […]
Tag Archives | Tombigbee
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – On Monday, March 21, Wesley Cummings of Booneville was fishing in Mill Creek at Pickwick Lake near Iuka. While crappie fishing using a small pink jig, Cummings hooked and landed a large yellow perch. The fish was positively identified by Tyler Stubbs, a fisheries biologist with the […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks (MDWFP) fisheries biologists are excited about the fall fishing season in Northeast Mississippi. Fishing has started to improve with gradually decreasing water temperatures. “In the fall, fish start feeding more in preparation for the winter months,” said MDWFP Fisheries Biologist, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – On May 22, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) stocked Florida-strain largemouth bass fingerlings into two Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway (TTW) lakes. Aberdeen Lake received approximately 48,000, and 25,000 were stocked into Lock C near Fulton. “Florida-strain largemouth bass are typically more aggressive, grow faster, and […]
By Joe Rutherford Daily Journal In addition to making for soggy days, substantial rainfall across Northeast Mississippi until late Saturday will increase the risk of flooding on some rivers and creeks. Some monitoring stations reported either flood stages or “action” stages Tuesday with water rising toward a possible flood crest after three days of rain, […]
HOUSTON – It was a simple signature but it covers the complex management of water, agriculture, industry, transportation and economic development in a 12-county area. Chicksasaw County’s Rayburn Parks was named a member of the Tombigbee River Valley Water Management District in December and he joins a board charged with working with local, state and […]
JACKSON – Residents and passersby may see some smoke in the air beginning this month when the U.S. Forest Service starts its prescribed fire season to prevent wildfires and promote a healthy forest for plants and animals. Prescribed fire, also known as controlled burning, refers to the controlled use of fire by a team of […]
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...