Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – On Monday, March 21, Wesley Cummings of Booneville was fishing in Mill Creek at Pickwick Lake near Iuka. While crappie fishing using a small pink jig, Cummings hooked and landed a large yellow perch. The fish was positively identified by Tyler Stubbs, a fisheries biologist with the […]
Tag Archives | Tombigbee
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks (MDWFP) fisheries biologists are excited about the fall fishing season in Northeast Mississippi. Fishing has started to improve with gradually decreasing water temperatures. “In the fall, fish start feeding more in preparation for the winter months,” said MDWFP Fisheries Biologist, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – On May 22, the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) stocked Florida-strain largemouth bass fingerlings into two Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway (TTW) lakes. Aberdeen Lake received approximately 48,000, and 25,000 were stocked into Lock C near Fulton. “Florida-strain largemouth bass are typically more aggressive, grow faster, and […]
By Joe Rutherford Daily Journal In addition to making for soggy days, substantial rainfall across Northeast Mississippi until late Saturday will increase the risk of flooding on some rivers and creeks. Some monitoring stations reported either flood stages or “action” stages Tuesday with water rising toward a possible flood crest after three days of rain, […]
HOUSTON – It was a simple signature but it covers the complex management of water, agriculture, industry, transportation and economic development in a 12-county area. Chicksasaw County’s Rayburn Parks was named a member of the Tombigbee River Valley Water Management District in December and he joins a board charged with working with local, state and […]
JACKSON – Residents and passersby may see some smoke in the air beginning this month when the U.S. Forest Service starts its prescribed fire season to prevent wildfires and promote a healthy forest for plants and animals. Prescribed fire, also known as controlled burning, refers to the controlled use of fire by a team of […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...