Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) has published the Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities Quality Reporting (IPFQR) for Fiscal Year 2016 Measure Results Review with a Houston facility named. CMS recently recognized the top 20 Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Performers in quality measure reporting, as well as the […]
Tag Archives | Trace Regional Hospital
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A 17-year-old girl is in jail and a local man is recovering from a gunshot wound to the arm after a domestic dispute escalated Tuesday night. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said he is not releasing the name of the girl at this time but she is being […]
HOUSTON – Nationwide changes and trends in the national healthcare industry have prompted Trace Regional Hospital to begin the process of closing its emergency room and opening a rural health clinic. Trace Regional Hospital Administrator Gary Staten met with the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors on July 7 and the Houston Board of Aldermen on […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – There are more storm shelters around here than just about any county in Northeast Mississippi, but recent bad weather has proved the community needs more. Local storm shelters were packed April 11 when two fast-moving storms raced across Chickasaw County with the first one moving on to slam Tupelo, causing millions of […]
WOODLAND – Everett Holmes, 59, of Woodland died during surgery following a tractor accident May 6. According to Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon, Holmes was apparently driving the tractor when he fell off and was run over. “From what we’ve determined, he had a sudden cardiac event and fell off,” Harmon said. Family member brought […]
HOUSTON – The Taste of Houston drew about 150 guests who sampled food items and had a chance to visit with local business owners and merchants and view just a few of the items they can find in local stores. This year’s event was organized by the activities committee of Chickasaw Development Foundation to provide […]
HOUSTON – The food fun for this weekend’s Flywheel Festival starts Friday with a the Taste of Houston. Sponsored by the Chickasaw Development Foundation the event will see local merchants bring their wares and something good to eat to the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center at 11 a.m. Friday. Tickets to the event […]
VARDAMAN – Three children were killed in an early morning fire in Vardaman Saturday. The children, 7-year-old twins Yobani and Isabel Razo and 9-year-old Oscar Razo were pronounced dead at the scene of the fire, according to Calhoun County Coroner Jerry Flemming. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said the call went out through 911 at […]
HOUSTON – Trace Regional Hospital is a top performer in the six-hospital SunLink Health system and was recently rewarded with a $1 million gift of equipment from the parent company. “It’s like Christmas to us,” said Marianne Johnson, a Trace Regional employee. “Patients don’t always recognize when we get new equipment, but we see […]
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 31, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: 2A has East Webster 3rd, Calhoun City 4th August 31, 2016
- Okolona trustees wrap up summer business August 31, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...