This is the time of year when we take a look back at 2015 and at the same time look forward to 2016. It’s a bittersweet time of year for me. There have been weddings and funerals, cars bought and trucks crashed, profits and losses, good times and sad times. I try not to dwell […]
Tag Archives | Trace Regional
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A man is in jail and another man was in critical condition in a Tupelo hospital following a stabbing at a home north of Houston Thursday night. Billy Brownlee, of Chickasaw County, was arrested for the alleged assault of Bruce Beaty, also of Chickasaw County, after […]
HOUSTON – It was not quite as simple as putting up new signs and constructing a new waiting room, but those were the most visible changes when Trace Regional Hospital closed its emergency room and opened its clinic last week. The hospital went from offering emergency room services to rural clinical services at 9 a.m. […]
It was a simple maintenance change on the outside, but it represented a complex change in healthcare in this community. Trace Regional Hospital changed the signage on its campus Monday directing people not to an emergency room but to a rural clinic. Trace, after months of planning and public discussion, formally closed its emergency room […]
Trace Regional Hospital in Houston closed their emergency room at 9 a.m. sharp Monday and it is too early to tell the full ramifications of that move. But we do know this: Ambulance service in Chickasaw County has now become a very critical issue. With no emergency room in this county from 9 p.m. to […]
We have had several people call this paper and one person even stop in ask if the Chickasaw Journal is going to do and editorial on Trace Regional Hospital closing its emergency room later this fall. Each has said it is wrong for Trace to do this and it must be stopped. This newspaper says […]
HOUSTON – The discovery of an abandoned child in Houston Friday night has prompted felony child abuse charges against a local woman. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, of Houston, has been charged with abandonment of a child under the age of six and felony abuse of a child. Police were waiting Monday for Watkins to be […]
CALHOUN CITY – Mary Laura Pruett Williams, 85, died Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was born Nov. 1, 1927, in Slate Springs to Elmer Pruett and Evie Russell Pruett. She was a homemaker and a Baptist. Survivors include her husband, Arthur Curtis Williams of Calhoun City; one daughter, Jean […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...