I have had the opportunity to live in several different communities and it is always neat to see how a neighborhood or town celebrates Christmas. The holidays are all about tradition and often locals don’t see those time-honored events for what they really mean to the community. Houston is no different. I repeatedly hear businesses, […]
Tag Archives | tradition
HOUSTON – As America moves faster and farther from many of the principles of its founding fathers, there are still people who hold onto honor, pride, patriotism and tradition. Members of the Houston Pilot Club, VFW and American Legion have invited the community to gather at Joe Brigance Park at 5 p.m., June 14 for […]
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...