Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) reminds political candidates and vendors that campaign signs and sale signs are not permitted on state highway right-of-way. To maintain traffic safety, the following rules govern the placement of signs: According to the Mississippi Code of 1972, it is illegal to place […]
Tag Archives | Transportation
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A vehicle to develop and pay for a plan to address the state’s and local governments’ infrastructure needs is alive in the legislative process. But at this point all that vehicle – or bill – does is keep all the code sections alive, including all taxing […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Senate Transportation Committee is scheduled to vote this morning on a proposal that would increase the tax on motor fuel about 12 cents per gallon (at today’s prices) to fund road and bridge repairs throughout the state. Senate Transportation Chairman Willie Simmons, D-Cleveland, presented […]
By Jeff Amy Associated Press JACKSON – Mississippi’s 2016 legislative session may be halfway over, but debate has yet to really begin on three of the biggest issues. Although some officials have staked out positions on raising more money for roads and bridges, rewriting the state’s K-12 funding formula or cutting taxes, no real proposals […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – A task force created by the state Senate to look at Mississippi’s transportation needs tentatively plans to hold at least three public hearings throughout the state to garner input. The public hearings will have to be held soon to give the Transportation Task Force time to […]
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...