By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A larger than usual crowd took part in Thursday’s annual Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation seedling giveaway last week. Volunteers and staff gave away more than 1,800 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual event Feb. 16 at the Extension offices on Lee Horn Drive. The […]
Tag Archives | Trees
Hundreds of our young men and women from Houston, Okolona and Houlka graduated from high school this week. They lined up in their caps and gown and strolled across the floor or field to pick up their high school diploma as their full name was called over the public address system. While parents and grandparents […]
HOUSTON – Those who plant trees believe in the future of Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County and they braved 18-degree temperatures recently to get their trees. The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District gave away more than 1,500 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual Tree Planting event Feb. 19 at the Extension […]
JACKSON (AP) – The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for central and south Mississippi until 6 p.m. Severe thunderstorm watches were also issued during the day as the severe weather moved through the state. Golf ball-sized hail fell in Enterprise, along with some pea-sized hail in the Bude area. There were also […]
HOUSTON – Those who plant trees believe in the future of Houston, Okolona and Chickasaw County. The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District gave away more than 1,600 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual tree planting event Feb. 20 at the Extension offices on Lee Horn Drive. “Arbor Day is actually April […]
As part of the annual Tree Planting Week event, the Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation Disrict will be giving away seedlings to the public Feb. 13. Persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch,cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine seedlings will be available at the Houston office on Lee Horn Drive beginning at […]
The Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation District will be celebrating “Tree Planting Week” with seedlings free to the public Friday, February 8. Seedlings available are persimmon, black walnut, redbud, river birch, cypress, sawtooth oak, white flowering dogwood and loblolly pine. The tree give away begins February 8 at 8 a.m. at the USDA Center […]
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...